Frequently Asked Questions
- How to get an instant quote?
- How to upload models?
- What to do if the part is too large?
- How «rapid» is Rapid Prototyping?
- Do I have to pay VAT?
How to get an instant quote?
- Click on upload file.
- Upload one or more STL file(s). See here how to export 3D models to the STL format.
- Your uploaded files will appear in your Parts List.
- Click "Quote" and specify quantity, fabrication process and material.
- You can continue quoting other parts as you need them.
- When finished click "Complete Quote".
- Select shipping type and your quote is complete.
- To order: select a quote and click "Order" -- the page will show our best delivery date at the moment.
- Click "Pay" and you will be redirected to a secure Payment page, where you can pay with your credit card.
- You will receive an order confirmation by email.
- When we ship your parts you will be notified by email.
How to upload models?
- Export or save your models as STL, using your CAD program. See here how to export 3D models to the STL format.
- Compress the STL files using zip, WinZip or tar and gzip. You can pack multiple files in a zip or tar archive.
- Click "Upload Files" in the menu
- Give your file a name, select the file, specify mm or inches.
- Click Upload
- Upload results will be displayed for each file. If the result is repaired, errors were found. This does not have to be a concern. If the model was intended to be one single part but multiple parts were found, you may want to check your model.
- Check if the dimensions of the part are consistent with the dimensions of your model.
- Your parts are now available in your Parts List for quote. Click on the part name to see the details about your part.
What to do if the part is too large?
- Scale the model to dimensions that can be printed.
- Cut the model up to multiple parts that can each be printed. If these parts have to be glued together, then you may have to add features to the parts to fit them together again.
- Let us do the cutting and glueing. In this case you will have to send us the model in STEP or IGES format, and ask for a quotation.
How «rapid» is Rapid Prototyping?
Ordered parts get automatically scheduled to one of our machines for processing. We run our machines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 90% of all orders are shipped within 48 hours, many can be shipped the next day if you order in time.
Upon order you will be shown the expected shipping date, based upon our workload.
Large parts can however take up considerable machine time, sometimes over 48 hours. So by their nature it will take longer to build and ship these parts.
For special requirements you are invited to contact us.
Do I have to pay VAT?
Only for shipping to addresses within the European Community VAT will be added to the invoice, except if you are registered as a business and provide a valid VAT number.
Users outside the European Community may however have to pay custom duties and/or taxes in their country.